RED SKY CORPORATION STATEMENT OF POLICY
It is recognized that even after employing all the best chemistry available and in the capable hands of people with years of training, hazards still exist in the electroplating and metal finishing field. In order to avoid misunderstandings we set forth the conditions below, under which your material will be accepted by us for processing.
- Whenever we are given material with detailed instructions as to treatment, our responsibility shall end with the carrying out of those instructions. Type of material along with tolerances and specifications for processing shall be declared in writing prior to our processing.
- Our liability for any cause is limited to the cost of material and direct labor of the product directly damaged by our processing or three times our processing charges on such material, whichever is lesser. Charges for our services are based on this policy limiting our liability.
- Liability greater than outlined in paragraph two, above, will be assumed by us only when so agreed in writing with us. In such an event, a higher charge may be rendered for our services.
- Parts, materials, etc. as processed by us shall be presumed to be accepted as satisfactory by you if we are not notified of damages, shortages, or other discrepancies within ten business days of your receipt of the same.
- Rejected parts must be returned to us for re-work. Further processing or assembly of rejected parts, material, etc., by you or any other party shall constitute a waiver of any liability on our part.
- Where operations or processes performed by us are, by their nature, in the salvaging of parts or materials, the work is accepted on a “best effort” basis and no liability shall be attached to us unless previously agreed to in writing prior to processing the job.
- In the event that results of metal finishing operations are unsatisfactory due to metal imperfections, usages for which the plating or other finishing operation was not reasonably designed, or similar variables over which we have no control, the customer will be expected to pay the amount for the finishing operation performed.
The conditions set forth above, we believe, are realistic and reasonable. Acceptance of material for processing subject to these conditions will permit us to continue to provide quality metal finishing at a reasonable price.